Saturday, April 4, 2009

Love by Chance...:-)

My friend had come back from bangalore and with her came the I-Pod. I was missing it so much. After all I had created a playlist in it. I wanted to listen to all those all those songs badly. Those songs who had accompanied me on my numerous visits to the client location (It took me an hour and a half each day to reach office).
I was all ready to play my playlist, but then my friend wanted me to listen to some new song from Sikander. I was not at all interested. This is how I am? It takes a herculean effort for somebody to make me come out of my zone(I have a selection of approx 100 songs and I can listen to them all my life.) S told me that this was a beautiful song, and later became adamant that I “have” to listen to this song.
The first thing before I played this song was to check what’s the duration of the song? 4 mins 57 secs. Gosh I need to leap over these 5 mins to listen to my playlist. There were those obdurate S’s eyes, and finally I had to give up and I plugged in the earphone into my unwelcoming ears.

The song started…....

Hmm this is a husky voice. Is it Mohit Chauhan (Khoon chala(RDB),Tum Se Hi(jab we met),Masakkali(Delhi-6)fame. Yes it is, S confirmed. I really like this guy, the song continued.
Beautiful music, great beats, the guitarist is just too good. I was half way through and I started liking the song. Everything about this song was just so soothing.
I dint know how did that 4 min 57 secs of my life passed. I knew only one thing. I was in love!!! In love with this song.
Gulon mein….

I have listened to this song about 30-35 times now, without any break and I am not done yet. Beautiful composition, amazing lyrics, and Mohit Chauhan’s voice is just so mellifluous.

I can keep writing here but might still not be able to bring justice to this song.

As I write here it still plays in the I pod J and thanks S you made me fall in love with this song.
I am putting down the lyrics here, but you would bring justice to the song only when you listen to it.

The second stanza is so evocative of our parents and our childhood days (find second stanza in bold italics)

Gulon mein rang bhare
Baad-e-naubahaar chale
Chale bhi aao.. ke gulshan ka.. karobar chale (2)

Khwabon ka din hai.. dekho hawayein
Suna rahi hai khushiyon ki dastaan
Main choom loonga.. baahein uthaakar
Khwahishon ka neela neela aasmaan
Jaane kahaan yeh.. baadal chale hai
Kiss aur boondon.. ki mehfilein hai
Bheegi hai rooh meri.. kaisa yeh khumaar chale Chale bhi aao.. ke gulshan ka.. karobar chale
Gulon mein rang bhare Baad-e-naubahaar chale Chale bhi aao.. ke gulshan ka.. karobar chale



Humne suna hai.. chhote se haathon mein
Chaahe to samaaye.. saara jahaan
Hatheliyon mein.. thaame hai
Hamaare.. buzurgon ki nayi dua
Hum hai sikandar.. hum shehzaade
Chhote kadam hai.. bade hai iraade
Buri nazar se kaho.. hum nazar uthaar chale Chale bhi aao.. ke gulshan ka.. karobar chale Gulon mein rang bhare Baad-e-naubahaar chale Chale bhi aao.. ke gulshan ka.. karobar chale

Movie Name:Sikandar
Music Director:Justin-Uday
Singer :Mohit Chauhan
Lyrics :Neelesh Misra
Actors:Ayesha Kapur, Madhavan, Parzun Dastur, Sanjay Suri Director:Piyush Jha Producer:Sudhir Mishra
Year:2009

2 comments:

SNEHA said...

Its actually a very nice n meaningful song. Even I have heard it numerous times. Gives a peace of mind while listening. Listen to 01. Dhoop Ke Sikke, u will like this one as well. Keep blogging :)

pro said...

Its got a catch to it bro...cool maan