Monday, April 6, 2009

That I have much ado to know myself.

It’s already 12:40, but I am far away from feeling sleepy.
Something has been bothering me. That’s what my friends have been telling me since last couple of days.
I have not been myself, they say. I have not been the cheerful Rachit that they have always encountered, a typical free entertainment channel.
Am I behaving strangely? Is this the reason why I am still awake, trying to figure out what has gone wrong with me?
This situation takes me back to my English class in 1999.
Act 1, Scene 1

In sooth, I know not why I am so sad:
It wearies me; you say it wearies you;
But how I caught it, found it, or came by it,
What stuff 'tis made of, whereof it is born,
I am to learn;
And such a want-wit sadness makes of me,
That I have much ado to know myself.

These words were said by Antonio to his friends Salanio and Salarino, in William Shakespeare’s play Merchant Of Venice. Antonio is sad about something but he does not what makes him sad? He asks his friends…..

Its strange that I still remember those lines even after a decade has sailed past, and its more ironical that I don’t remember what his friends had suggested him.

I am waiting for my Salanio/Salarino to let me know how to come out of this strange situation.

3 comments:

.:Sumit Shah:. said...

My dear bro you need to take some time out to be happy about where you have reached. Take a holiday....or go to shop only for you and your loved ones.....see what you have achieved and try to cherish that for one moment ....you wont be sad again!

Jimz said...

this is the new blog i have started
You are very much invited both as an editor as well as a reader. You always asked me to write humor. Here it is! My first one. I hope you like it!

http://whymedamnit.blogspot.com/

MotleyPerkyVibes said...

Salanio naam rakha hai kya?? acha naam hai..