Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Are We Really Republic?

What happened in Mangalore forces me to ask a question to myself. Are we a republic country? Our we really democratic? Are we moving forward?
It so ironical that on one side our president was talking about our country taking great advancements in all the fields and visualizing the dream of becoming a superpower in coming years, and on the other side few maniac trying to script the future of the country in the most barbaric way.
We are proud of our democracy and value our integrity but do we all think the same.
Unfortunately the honest answer is No!!! There are a section of people who think that they can take the control of people’s life and can drive the country in their own way.
Whenever I used to watch the videotapes made in Taliban I used to take a sigh of relief. I used to thank god that my mother, my sister, my friends who are girls are born in India, but can I still think the same?
I am scared for my sister, my friends (girls). Are they safe to have meals in a restaurant? Can they “afford” to party anymore? I don’t think so.
There are bunch of ‘Nobody’s’(I like calling them nobody’s because that is what they are) who are trying to make me live my life their way.
The most brutal part of this saga is that they have named themselves as “Ram Sena”. Why doesn’t somebody ask them to narrate the preaching of Lord Ram?
It’s utterly shameful that the so-called disciples are doing this in the name of “Maryada Purushottam” Ram.
What’s the difference between the terrorists and these people? I can only site similarities but no differences.
We talk about peace and maintaining harmony between our fellow Indians. We talk about joining hands to fight terrorism.
Its high time we start to learn the art of Self Introspection. Lets clean the country internally first, from these beliefs. Lets all respect women because we are what we are because of them. Lets pause and think once before hitting a woman that god made us stronger than them because he wanted us to protect them from all the evils and not to harm them.
Lets police ourselves first before policing others. Lets act responsibly now.

It happened 59 years ago when we became republic. Lets start feeling the same now.

1 comment:

.:Sumit Shah:. said...

It was really one of the worst act i have seen lately, India as a country needs to grow up more mature.
India has to leap the hurdle called "MALE CHAUVINISM". We have to realize the women equality and shall not live in male dominated society.
Even if partying and boozing is not what religion says, i would like to ask where in any religion hitting or abusing is justified?
And yes we have to accept everyone as they are despite of their religion or their belief. That is what INDIA is A SECULAR Country.
That is what makes INDIA different from rest of the world.